About In The Lab
In The Lab is a premier basketball lifestyle brand media organization based in Los Angeles. In The Lab was founded by Devin Williams, who became a YouTube sensation after his ‘TEN000HOURS’ Series went viral domestically and overseas. In The Lab is best known today for its high quality apparel, even coming out with not one but TWO signature shoes. Most of In The Lab’s apparel sells out within just days of release, and the fanbase continues to grow at a rapid pace each month. In The Lab’s content machine is world-class - creating some of the best basketball content in the world, managing a gaming team, producing podcasts, and more. Most recently, the brand brought on Marcelas Howard and Ryan Razooky as part of its Creator Core - adding even more firepower to the already star-studded brand.
About the Role
A Video Editor is tasked with taking the raw footage shot by our team and turning it into the final product. This means following an outline, script or shot list and assembling the footage into one cohesive video or film. Often in video and film work, there are many camera angles and takes recorded. It is the responsibility of the Video Editor to review all the footage and create the best output by cutting and connecting various footage, adding sound effects and graphics, transitions and fine-tuning the completed video or film.
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading to a computer or YouTube
- Following a script, screenplay or outline
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splicing film and video and synchronizing them into one rough cut file
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring and faulty footage
- Working closely with team to present a final product that matches our vision
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Creative experience in filmmaking and videography
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
Why You’ll Love In The Lab
- You will have opportunities to grow in your career
- You will be relied upon and empowered by internal stakeholders
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble people
Email us at email@example.com with the subject: “[Video Editor] Your Full Name” and include your resume and any past/creative work relevant to the job.
In The Lab is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment.